The Vogtsbauernhof is the only farm in the museum still standing in its original location. It was built in 1612. In 1964 it was the first building to be opened to visitors. It represents the Gutach type of house.
The little parlour of the old retired farm couple has remained more or less unchanged from how the last owners left it in 1965. Another main exhibition in the Vogtsbauernhof is that of the "Störhandwerk", the typical work carried out by travelling craftsmen.
Allotted to the Vogtsbauernhof as outbuildings are a knock and drop sawmill, a bakehouse with distillery and a mill. In addition to the typical farm garden there is also a medicinal herb garden.